always require modifications to make them more trail ready
My 80 TLC currently has the
following after market accessories and modifications.
- OME 850 coils in the front (with 1.5" custom aluminium spacers), OME863 coils in the rear
(with 20mm of OME packers)
- Fox shocks in the front, Radflow 2" remote shocks in the rear
- Heavy duty rear lower control arms,
1/4" DOM steel tube, zinced plated & then powder coated.
- Factory front and rear diff
- Accessory diff lock switch to
allow operator selection of locked center differential in
high and low range
- Warn 12000 winch (using 3/8" Amsteel synthetic
rope) mounted to an ARB
- Auxiliary battery with marine switch
to select either main, auxiliary or both to power the
- Snatch strap, tree protector, hi-lift
- Kaymar rear tow bumper and tyre
carrier. Get that spare out from
under the rear end!
- Safari Snorkel - in case of another Great Flood.
- TRD supercharger & EGT guage.
- Oz factory subtank - 50litres more fuel!
- TA4101 Thomas air compressor.
- Multiband VHF/UHF/HF Ham Radio
- Extended factory diff-lock
breathers (pictures & instructions)
- Extended gearbox and differential breathers
(pictures and instructions).
Toyota has always made a half hearted attempt at
providing breathers for the differentials and gear boxes.
A few dollars worth of 3/8" fuel line and some t-pieces
and P clamps will quickly provide peace of mind when
crossing water more than ankle deep...
- Toyota factory hand throttle.
- 12V outlets in rear cargo area and behind the center console, permanently powered and
fused. Provides a source of power when camping.
- White LED lights in doors and